Beautiful VR fishing game with a twist - Catch & Release is now available to download for Oculus Rift and HTC Vive via the Oculus Store and Steam.
Frankfurt – 7th of June 2018 – Summer is here and internationally renowned game services company METRICMINDS GmbH & Co. KG has launched its first VR project called “Catch & Release” to ring in the beginning of the virtual fishing season on Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
“Catch & Release” is a virtual reality fishing experience like no other - It combines the inherently relaxing activity of fishing on a lake with beautiful surroundings and game mechanics that take a step back to let the player enjoy their time on a virtual fishing trip freely and without stressful distractions like timers or forced missions. The game features one of the most beautiful environments in VR, brought to life with dense nature, local fauna like geese and bears and diverse, interesting fishing spots and landscape features. The colorful artstyle supports the goal of immersing the player in a peaceful world free from stressful distractions that lets players engage with the game the way they feel like.
Players can enjoy their time in the game freely, or they can pick up missions and challenges to progress and unlock new gear and items for themselves.
A PlayStation VR version is scheduled to release this summer.
● The Boat - Use the unique rowing mechanics to find the best fishing spots and explore the beautiful environment.
● The Fishing Rod - Throw the line out and attract a fish - Your interactive fishing rod offers you full control, with different bait and lures and haptic feedback.
● The Shop - Sell your fish and buy new gear and items in the in-game shop!
● Fishing - Catch the biggest fish, fight to reel them in, but don't let them snap the line and escape! You'll need strategy and finesse to tire them out if you want to make the greatest catch!
● Secrets - Find trash or treasure. The lake hides more than just fish!
● Music - Over 30 commercial tracks that have been specially curated for Catch & Release playing on the in-game boat radio. Licensed by Flip Entertainment, the tracks were selected to enhance the in-game music with a non-standard selection aimed at improving the overall immersive experience.
Catch & Release has been developed in close cooperation with Advanced Interactive Gaming Ltd. from Hamilton, Bermuda.